Client Badassery Secrets: How Copywriters Can Earn MORE, Run a Thriving Freelance Business, and Cut Out the Client Bullsh*t (Paperback)
Client Badassery Secrets is every freelance copywriter's MUST-HAVE book. It's packed with an incredible amount of valuable tactics and insider secrets to help copywriters negotiate higher fees, find good clients (and steer clear of bad ones), deal with difficult clients or issues when they arise, manage a thriving, bullsh*t-free freelance business, grow their careers and earnings, and much more.
And it's coming from an experienced, A-List-level copywriter who's worked with some of the best clients, some of the worst clients, and everyone in-between... plus brings the client-side perspective, having worked at a top direct response company as a marketer who hired freelancers before going freelance herself.
Kim tells it like it is and shares her hard-won secrets for launching, running, and growing your freelance copywriting business... avoiding headaches, hassles, and nightmare clients... and boosting your earnings while enjoying greater freedom and flexibility.
Here's just a glimpse of what you'll discover...
- What to do if you're starting your freelance business from scratch. Two surefire yet often-overlooked tactics that can fill up your schedule and get cold, hard cash rolling in "tout suite".
- The one client "red flag" you must NEVER ignore. Use the screening technique to weed these potential nightmare clients out.
- The #1 secret to getting paid more. Do this one thing now and you'll instantly elevate yourself in the eyes of your prospective clients...along with your fees.
- What NEVER to budge on with a client. If they want you to hop on a kick-off call, start doing research, or otherwise engage with their project before they do THIS one crucial thing, stand your ground firmly. Otherwise you could lose potential income and precious time.
- Free rewrites? Guaranteed results? Are they crazy? Here's Kim's take on what's reasonable...what you should charge extra for...and what's beyond the pale when it comes to these types of client requests.
- How to know if you're charging too LITTLE...and fix it so you give yourself a fat raise. These 4 surefire signs can clue you in so you know what to do next
- Never do THIS when talking to a prospective client the first time. Makes them run in the opposite direction or drops your negotiating power exponentially.
- When it makes sense to hire a lawyer to review a client's contract. Plus how to read through it and decide what to push back on (yes, they CAN be changed )
- Beware of potential clients who try to dictate THIS to you. Here's how to get them to work with you, or decide if it's better to simply walk away. (There are plenty of "client fish" in the sea, so know when it's time to say "buh-bye ")
- The career-killing mistake to avoid if you take an in-house position. If your boss dangles this in front of you, just say "no". If you don't, you could be chained to your employer or destroy your earning potential for years
- How to gain greater trust (and revenue) from clients. This simple yet highly effective approach lets you confidently close more deals much more profitably.
- When to move on from a client you hate working with-without burning bridges. Kim shares her own (often hilarious) client horror stories from early on and lessons learned the hard way
- And much more
This instantly valuable book is packed with hard-won secrets you can use to grow your freelance copywriting business, increase your earnings, and avoid client hassles and headaches. It's a MUST-have guide for anyone who freelances or deals with clients