The Design of Retreat: Cabins, Cottages and Hideouts (Hardcover)
- The source of inspiration for your ideal retreat
- Featuring interiors from well-known architects and designers that demonstrate how to create the perfect outdoor retreat
- Author Laura May Todd is an internationally recognized expert on design, architecture, interior design and lifestyle and is affiliated with several major magazines
- Featuring more than 40 interiors that feel authentic, lived-in, calming and inspiring
- Previously published as How to Get Away ISBN 9789401478328
The Design of Retreat explores different types of outdoor retreats designed by and owned by leading names in the interior design world. From contemporary cabins, modern cottages and minimal vacation homes to sumptuously decorated summer villas with a flair for drama. In The Design in Retreat, they stand side by side with seaside Italian palazzos and tropical hideaways in the Mexican jungle. The wonderfully colorful homes, playful weekend cottages, innovative farmhouses and historic mansions will take you around the world. Relax and get away.
About the Author
Laura May Todd is a freelance writer based in Milan, but born and educated in Canada. She writes full-time about design, architecture, interior design and style. Her pieces can be found in T: The New York Times Style Magazine, Architectural Digest, Wallpaper *, Cereal, Domus, AnOther magazine and others.