What's the Best Trivia Book?: Over 3,000 Questions in 12 Categories (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
What makes this the best trivia book? There are over 3,000 questions organized into 12 wide-ranging categories: animals, arts, history, literature, miscellaneous, movies, science and nature, sports, television, U.S. geography, U.S. presidents, and world geography. To make it quick and easy to test yourself without seeing the answers first, the categories are broken into short 20 question quizzes followed immediately by their answers, and additional details are frequently included to expand on the basic answer and add even more to your knowledge. For example:
- What is the largest venomous snake?
- What instrument did Bob Dylan play in his recording debut?
- What U.S. founding father was carried to the Constitutional Convention in a sedan chair carried by prisoners?
- What Stephen King novel features a villain who sometimes goes by the alias Bob Gray?
- The hard piece at the end of a shoelace is called what?
- What book does Forrest Gump keep in his suitcase?
- Who is the Bluetooth wireless technology named after?
- What year were the first Winter Olympics held?
- What was the first animated series to run on U.S. primetime television?
- What U.S. state has the most miles of rivers?
- Who was the youngest U.S. first lady ever?
- What is the highest mountain in the Western Hemisphere?
- What is the fastest swimming fish?
- What painting depicts the sister and dentist of artist Grant Wood?
- Who was Temujin better known as?
- What writer coined the term "atomic bomb" approximately 30 years before its invention?
- What is the only number spelled out in English that has letters in alphabetical order?
- Gene Hackman received an Oscar for his portrayal of the sheriff of Big Whiskey in what movie?
- How long is an eon?
- What is the oldest championship in North American professional sports?
- Wile E. Coyote gets all his traps to try to catch the Roadrunner from what company?
- In the 48 contiguous U.S. states, what is the most northern state capital?
- What U.S. president imposed the first federal income tax?
- What is the driest continent?
- Alligators are only naturally found in the United States and what other country?
- What natural landmark was the inspiration for the song "America the Beautiful"?
- What famous battle took place July 1 to July 3, 1863?
- What are the two family names central to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet?
- What toy was originally called the Pluto Platter?
- What is the only movie Alfred Hitchcock made twice?
- What is the point in the moon's orbit that is farthest from the earth called?
- Who holds the Major League Baseball record for career strikeouts as a batter?
- Who was the original host of television's The Tonight Show?
- What is the only U.S. state name that doesn't share any letters with its capital city?
- Who was the only U.S. president with a PhD?
- What is the world's highest elevation national capital city?
This is book 1 of the What's the Best Trivia? series; look for other books in the series covering a variety of trivia topics.