The Sustainable Mediterranean Diet Cookbook: More Than 100 Easy, Healthy Recipes to Reduce Food Waste, Eat in Season, and Help the Earth (Paperback)
Most titles are on our shelves or available within 1-5 days.
Mouthwatering, budget-friendly recipes that are good for you and good for the Earth, from the authors of The 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook
Food-loving dietitians and culinary instructors Serena Ball and Deanna Segrave-Daly are back, serving up delicious climate cuisine with a Mediterranean spin. The science is clear: a Mediterranean-style diet is one of the healthiest and most sustainable in the world.
The Sustainable Mediterranean Diet Cookbook is a comprehensive guide to getting the most from this incredible regimen, with 10 steps to a more eco-friendly kitchen including helpful guidance on more sustainable ingredient choices, energy-saving cooking methods, smarter storage, and food waste reduction. If you can’t do all 10, don’t worry! Making even a few of these small changes can add up to a big impact on the health of the planet.
- Tahini Swirl Yogurt Parfait with Grapes
- Broiled Halloumi with Mint Cucumber Salad
- Cheesy Broccoli and Greens Soup with Za’atar (or Any Day Bouillabaisse)
- Mascarpone Scrambled Eggs with Carrot Bacon
- Turkish Tomato Flatbread
- Falafel with Pickled Herb Spread
- Little Fishes Red Pepper Potato Cakes OR Spicy Fish Shawarma Bowl
- Smoked Seafood Farro Risotto
- North African Chicken Couscous Bowls
- Parsley Pistachio Beef Bulgur Koftas
- Baklava Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Olive Oil Polenta Berry Cakes
About the Author
Serena Ball, MS, RD, and Deanna Segrave-Daly, RD, each have over 20 years of culinary nutrition experience and have dedicated their careers to helping people make delicious and nutritious meals. Together, they are the authors of The 30-Minute Mediterranean Diet Cookbook, and the Easy Everyday Mediterranean Diet Cookbook. Deanna lives in Philadelphia with her husband and daughter and Serena lives outside St. Louis with her husband and five children. You can find them online at teaspoonofspice.com and doing weekly live-stream recipe demonstrations on their Facebook page, Teaspoon of Spice.