Pope John Paul II Vatican City, Rome, Italy (Photo Albums #13) (Paperback)
Most titles are on our shelves or available within 1-5 days.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Photo Albums series.
- #1: Boating, Fishing and Hunting in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada 1965-66 (Photo Albums #1) (Paperback): $14.99
- #2: Baptism, Children and Festivals in Nain - Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada 1965-66: Cover photograph: Jo and Sam Dicker (photographs cou (Photo Albums #2) (Paperback): $14.99
- #5: Grenfell Mission and People, Ice break-up, Mail boat, Mail plane, Medley of Photographs and Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) Air Transfers in Nain - N (Photo Albums #5) (Paperback): $19.99
- #7: Nain-Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada 1966-67 Remembered (Photo Albums #7) (Paperback): $16.24
- #8: Mauritius West: : Swfinir Casgliad O Lliw Ffotograffau Gyda Phenawdau (Photo Albums #8) (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: Mauritius South Rugged Scenery and Stunning Beaches: Une Souvenir Collection de Photographies En Couleurs Avec Legendes (Photo Albums #9) (Paperback): $15.61
- #10: Mauritius East Beautiful Beaches: Swfinir Casgliad O Lliw Ffotograffau Gyda Phenawdau (Photo Albums #10) (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: Mauritius North: Port Louis, Pamplemousses and Riviere Du Rempart (Photo Albums #11) (Paperback): $14.99
- #12: Mauritius Central Grand Bassin, Quatre Bornes and Volcanic Mountains: Swfinir Casgliad O Lliw Ffotograffau Gyda Phenawdau (Photo Albums #12) (Paperback): $14.99
- #14: Photographs of Rome Italy (Photo Albums #14) (Paperback): $21.24
- #15: Having Fun over Bristol, World Capital of Hot Air Ballooning: How many of these sights can you identify? (Photo Albums #15) (Paperback): $16.24
- #16: Bristol UK Aerial Photographs and Tourist Attractions: Aerial Photography Interpretation (Photo Albums #16) (Paperback): $14.99
- #17: The Olympic Games in Pictures London 2012 Olympic Park, East London 5 August (Photo Albums #17) (Paperback): $14.99
- #18: Wild Flower Meadows and the Arcelormittal Orbit in Pictures: Olympic Legacy (Photo Albums #18) (Paperback): $14.99
- #19: Come to Delicious Mauritius: Relax and Unwind (Photo Albums #19) (Paperback): $21.24
- #22: Labrador Rocas! Uno de Los Coolest Civilizaciones En Norte America (Photo Albums #22) (Paperback): $49.94
48 Farve Fotografier af Johannes Paul II og Vatikanstaten, herunder hans Apostolske Velsignelse, de Schweiziske Guards, Peterspladsen, pavelig Peterskirken i Vatikanet, Peterspladsen som et sted for hellig pilgrimsf rd, den romersk-katolske kirke, kunstv rker, marmor skulpturer og statuer, gamle arkitektur, gulvmosaikker, udsigt over Rom fra Dome St. Peters Kirke (tegnet af Michelangelo, ) en statue af Jomfru Maria holder baby Jesus og Face of Jesus vist i en sten sv b. Taget under en kort -break, budget ferie Rom, Italien 10-17 Oktober 2004. Cover fotografi: Pave Johannes Paul II vinker til folkemasserne fra hans "Pope Mobile" i St. Pietro, Peterspladsen, Vatikanet, Rom, Italien] Dansk Edition]
About the Author
Interview with Llewelyn Pritchard: Where did you grow up, and how did this influence your writing? I grew up on the Black Mountain north of Swansea, South Wales. I haven't really got a clue how this influenced my writing except I suppose it instilled in me a great love of nature, adventure and the outdoors. I am the son of an elite collier and I would much rather take this opportunity to dedicate this great poem to his memory: "My father was a miner, He worked deep underground; The rush of drams and clanking chains. They were his daily sounds. He worked so far below the ground. Where coal was hewed by pick, The work so hard and wages small He didn't dare go sick. He crawled upon his belly. In drifts so low and narrow, The wind it whistled down the shaft. It chilled him to the marrow. He ate his food from a Tommy box, Shaped like a slice of bread, While squatting down upon the ground, Where spit and crumbs were shed. His water, it was in a Jack, to wet down clouds of dust, That gathered daily in his throat and lungs. Where it formed a deadly crust. We would listen for his footsteps, He then came into sight: This man, our Dad, as black as black, just like the darkest night; Right down his back white rivers ran amongst the dirt and grime, But you cannot wash away blue scars. That you get down the mine. Years now have passed. My father gone, But I am proud to say, My Father was a miner, until his dying day." by William Holden Llewelyn has worked with The Honourable Canadian Senator William (Bill) Rompkey, on writing the history of the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) in Labrador. This is what Bill wrote in his letter to the first get- together of the VSO teachers at Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire 1-3 August 2003, ..".Labrador called to you and we are calling you now. I hope you will do what you can during these few days to fill in the Labrador record with your recollections and reflections. This too will be an important contribution to Labrador history. But mainly I hope you enjoy your time together. Llewelyn Pritchard has done a remarkable job in bringing you together. He is as shrewd as Holmes and as persistent as Poirot. He could even be a great Canadian! We owe him more than we can say. It's his event and I know it will be successful. All good wishes. Bill Rompkey"