Grenfell Mission and People, Ice break-up, Mail boat, Mail plane, Medley of Photographs and Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) Air Transfers in Nain - N (Photo Albums #5) (Paperback)
Most titles are on our shelves or available within 1-5 days.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Photo Albums series.
- #1: Boating, Fishing and Hunting in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada 1965 - 66 (Photo Albums #1) (Paperback): $14.99
- #2: Baptism, Children and Festivals in Nain - Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada 1965-66: Cover photograph: Jo and Sam Dicker (photographs cou (Photo Albums #2) (Paperback): $14.99
- #7: Nain-Nunatsiavut, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada 1966-67 Remembered (Photo Albums #7) (Paperback): $16.24
- #8: Mauritius West: : Swfinir Casgliad O Lliw Ffotograffau Gyda Phenawdau (Photo Albums #8) (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: Mauritius South Rugged Scenery and Stunning Beaches: Une Souvenir Collection de Photographies En Couleurs Avec Legendes (Photo Albums #9) (Paperback): $15.61
- #10: Mauritius East Beautiful Beaches: Swfinir Casgliad O Lliw Ffotograffau Gyda Phenawdau (Photo Albums #10) (Paperback): $14.99
- #11: Mauritius North: Port Louis, Pamplemousses and Riviere Du Rempart (Photo Albums #11) (Paperback): $14.99
- #12: Mauritius: Central; Grand Bassin, Quatre Bornes and Volcanic Mountains (Photo Albums #12) (Paperback): $14.99
- #13: Pope John Paul II Vatican City, Rome, Italy (Photo Albums #13) (Paperback): $14.99
- #14: Photographs of Rome Italy (Photo Albums #14) (Paperback): $21.24
- #15: Having Fun over Bristol, World Capital of Hot Air Ballooning: How many of these sights can you identify? (Photo Albums #15) (Paperback): $16.24
- #16: Bristol UK Aerial Photographs and Tourist Attractions: Aerial Photography Interpretation (Photo Albums #16) (Paperback): $14.99
- #17: The Olympic Games in Pictures London 2012 Olympic Park, East London 5 August (Photo Albums #17) (Paperback): $14.99
- #18: Wild Flower Meadows and the Arcelormittal Orbit in Pictures: Olympic Legacy (Photo Albums #18) (Paperback): $14.99
- #19: Come to Delicious Mauritius: Relax and Unwind (Photo Albums #19) (Paperback): $21.24
- #22: Labrador Rocas! Uno de Los Coolest Civilizaciones En Norte America (Photo Albums #22) (Paperback): $49.94
Historical colour photographs 116] with original captions showing how transportation challenges were overcome. Includes a selection of people and photographs of the Grenfell mission. Photographs by John Penny an 18 year old VSO teacher from the UK who lived and worked in the local community. They make an important contribution to the cultural, educational and natural history of the period and depict the rich tapestry of life at the time.
About the Author
Llewelyn's collection of books includes the series: 1. Illustrated Diaries about European Budget Short-Break Holidays 2. Photo Albums 3. The Port Hope Simpson Diaries 1969-70 4. Port Hope Simpson Mysteries 5. The Voluntary Service Overseas in Labrador. 6. Travel Handbooks Llewelyn has worked with The Honourable Canadian Senator William (Bill) Rompkey, on writing the history of the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) in Labrador. This is what Bill wrote in his letter to the first get- together of the VSO teachers at Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire 1-3 August 2003, "...Labrador called to you and we are calling you now. I hope you will do what you can during these few days to fill in the Labrador record with your recollections and reflections. This too will be an important contribution to Labrador history. But mainly I hope you enjoy your time together. Llewelyn Pritchard has done a remarkable job in bringing you together. He is as shrewd as Holmes and as persistent as Poirot. He could even be a great Canadian! We owe him more than we can say. It's his event and I know it will be successful. All good wishes. Bill Rompkey"