Birnbaum's 2019 Disneyland Resort: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides) (Paperback)
Most titles are on our shelves or available within 1-5 days.
As the Disneyland Resort continues to grow and evolve, trust Birnbaum as your guide! The 2019 edition delves into detailed descriptions of all attractions, resorts, and eateries offers money-saving coupons and strategies to maximize your vacation budget and includes a peek into what's new:
- The Force is strong at Disneyland Resort, and it is getting even more powerful! As Imagineers prepare to unveil a new 14-acre land, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. The largest themed expansion in Disneyland history will transport park guests to a distant planet featuring lush forests, rocky turf, and immersive Star Wars-style architecture.
- Pixar pals have taken over Paradise Pier! The re-themed land, now known as Pixar Pier, sports a new look and twist on old favorites, plus new attractions to boot. Pixar Pier is home to many treasured characters, featuring neighborhoods filled with friends from The Incredibles, Inside Out, and Toy Story.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission--Breakout! has catapulted to the top of many a daredevil's must-do list. We share details on this new park favorite and offer tips on how best to beat the lines and snag a precious FastPass assignment.
- Ready to sing, dance, and catch a bubble or two with your little one? Disney Junior Dance Party! is a new show featuring lively music and appearances by Disney Junior characters such as Doc McStuffins, friends from Lion Guard, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- Downtown Disney now offers a new interactive adventure called Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, a high-flying, immersive adventure for all the senses. Secrets of the Empire joins Splitsville Luxury Lanes as a top choice for Disneyland guests seeking fun outside the boundaries of the theme parks.
- A visit to Disneyland Resort isn't complete without meeting The Mouse and his pals. We'll give updated information on where and when to find the Big Cheese and the ever-growing cast of Disney characters and how to enjoy a meal alongside beloved Disney friends.
- Birnbaum's Official Guide to Disneyland is crammed with more Hot Tips and full-color photos than ever before.
- Ready, set, run! It seems the Disneyland Marathon and other special running events get more popular each year. Birnbaum covers the fast-growing phenomenon.
About the Author
When Steve Birnbaum launched this guide in 1981, he made it clear what was expected of anyone who worked on it:
The book would be meticulously revised each year, leaving no attraction untested, no snack or meal untasted, no hotel untried. First-hand experiences like these, accumulated over the years, make this book the most authoritative guide to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Our expertise, however, is not achieved by being escorted through back doors of attractions (although we would enjoy that). Instead, we wait in lines with everyone else, always hoping to have a Disney experience like that of any other guest. We also take advantage of Walt Disney World's ambitious (and free) FastPass+ attraction reservation system whenever we can. We'll continue to keep a close eye on it and other additions to the Disney vacation-planning universe, homework we're happy to do for readers like you.
While Disney World and Disneyland have vastly expanded, and so has our knowledge of the most popular vacation destinations on the planet. On some occasions we've encountered sweltering weather and swelling crowds, times when even the happiest of travelers can turn into Grumpy for a moment or two. Had we known then what we know now, we could have spared ourselves some trying experiences.
In one case, a staffer waited more than an hour to get on an attraction. Standing in line with a notebook, she was asked by another guest if there was a quiz at the end. When she explained what she was doing, he expressed surprise to learn that she was waiting with the masses. But that's always been our strategy.
We believe the best way to gather useful advice for a Disney park guest is to be one. Over and over again!
-Jill Safro, Editor
"The Official Guide is also the best."—The New York Times
One of "10 Gift Ideas Theme Park Fans Will Love . . . While giving a Disney vacation is a gift out of most people's price ranges, you still can help loved ones plan for their next theme park vacation. The best Disney guidebooks are from Birnbaum's, and [release] ahead of the New Year. . . . The guidebooks offer everything from tips on how to maximize your park experiences to restaurant reviews."—International Business Times