Ride: Cycle the World (Hardcover)
Most titles are on our shelves or available within 1-5 days.
Go off the beaten trail and discover over 100 incredible cycling adventures across the globe.
See the world on two wheels and explore the most thrilling on and off-road cycling routes. Whether you’re an experienced, ascent-loving road cyclist or are planning your first backpacking trip, this stunning guide will help you plan the perfect bicycle tour.
Inside the pages of this guide you will find:
• 100 rides, from day cycles around cities to epic journeys across continents
• A beautifully designed gift book with stunning photography throughout
• An inspirational travel guide for anyone planning a cycling holiday
• A carefully curated selection of the best cycling routes, chosen by cycling and travel experts
• Rides arranged geographically within each chapter
• Top tips for getting the most out of each ride – including refueling spots, epic viewpoints, or nearby must-see sights – as well as suggestions for alternative ways to tackle a route
Ride will take you around the world to see all the places on your bucket list! In Europe, you can power up mountain passes in Italy’s Dolomites or tackle Bolivia’s infamous Death Road in South America. Cycle the famous Cape-to-Cairo route across Africa or go island-hopping in Japan - the world is your oyster.
Awe-inspiring images and descriptions of each bike ride will have you itching to jump in the saddle. This travel guide book includes all you need to plan the nitty-gritty of your trips like handy maps, elevation profiles, and practical information like distance, difficulty, and road surface. We’ve also included facts and figures on the world’s most famous cyclists and iconic races, plus information on the history of cycling, how to choose a bike, and what kit to take.