DK Eyewitness Top 10 Boston (Pocket Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Email or call for price
New England’s biggest city, Boston is both a hotbed of innovation and bastion of history, home to world-class museums and historic Harvard University, a buzzing food scene, and cosmopolitan performing arts venues.
Make the most of your trip to this historic city with DK Eyewitness Top 10. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Boston has to offer and ensuring that you don’t miss a thing. Best of all, the pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Boston you will find:
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Boston’s must-sees including The Freedom Trail, Harvard University, and the Museum of Fine Arts
-Easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends, and a week’s worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Boston’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out, and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
-Themed lists including the best seafood spots, performing arts venues, harbor islands, day trips, and much more
- Practical tips: Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip, including family activities and things to do for free
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Boston plus eight full-color area maps
- Covers Boston Highlights, The Freedom Trail, Museum of Science, Boston Common and Public Garden, Harvard University, Around Newbury Street, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Trinity Church, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Charlestown Navy Yard, New England Aquarium, Moments in History, Figures in Boston’s History, Waterfront Areas, Boston Harbor Islands, Off the Beaten Path, Children’s Attractions, Performing Arts Venues, Dance and Live Music Venues, LGBTQ+ Venues, Bars, Restaurants, Spots for Seafood, Cafés, Essential Shopping Experiences, Boston for Free, Festivals and Events, Day Trips: Historic New England, Day Trips: The Beach, Beacon Hill, Back Bay, North End, and the Waterfront, Downtown and the Financial, District, Chinatown, the Theater District, and South End, Kenmore and the Fenway, Cambridge, and Somerville and South of Boston
Looking for more on Boston’s culture, history, and attractions? Don’t forget to check out DK Eyewitness Boston.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations.. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
About the Author
DK was founded in London in 1974 and is now the world's leading illustrated reference publisher and part of Penguin Random House, formed on July 1, 2013. DK publishes highly visual, photographic nonfiction for adults and children. DK produces content for consumers in over 87 countries and in 62 languages, with offices in Delhi, London, Melbourne, Munich, New York, and Toronto. DK's aim is to inform, enrich, and entertain readers of all ages, and everything DK publishes, whether print or digital, embodies the unique DK design approach. DK brings unrivalled clarity to a wide range of topics with a unique combination of words and pictures, put together to spectacular effect. We have a reputation for innovation in design for both print and digital products. Our adult range spans travel, including the award-winning DK Eyewitness Travel Guides, history, science, nature, sport, gardening, cookery, and parenting. DK’s extensive children’s list showcases a fantastic store of information for children, toddlers, and babies. DK covers everything from animals and the human body, to homework help and craft activities, together with an impressive list of licensing titles, including the bestselling LEGO® books. DK acts as the parent company for Alpha Books, publisher of the Idiot's Guides series and Prima Games, video gaming publishers, as well as the award-winning travel publisher, Rough Guides.