Books are being challenged and banned at an alarming rate. In 2021, over 700 titles were challenged across the US, an enormous increase from previous years. We need to support and protect books and writers! Without access to all books, even the ones that make some people uncomfortable, young people cannot become the dreamers and critical thinkers our world needs.
If you believe that everyone should have the freedom to read whatever they like, please consider purchasing a Banned Book subscription from Mrs. Dalloway’s. And even better, if you have friends, family, or know a school librarian living in Texas, Pennsylvania, Florida, Oklahoma, Kansas or Tennessee - the states leading the country with the most bans - why not consider purchasing a subscription for them as well?!
Mrs. Dalloway’s Banned Book subscription service will send a recently banned or challenged book each month with a note explaining the reasons for its ban. Books will be selected from the American Library Association’s and PEN America’s lists of most challenged books. What better way to defend and celebrate the freedom to read than by putting books into young readers’ (and adults’) hands?!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Select the type of subscription you would like to purchase.
- You can subscribe in 3, 6, or 12 month increments. (Prices are listed below and include tax + shipping.)
- Each month you will receive an email with 2 or 3 books to choose from for the upcoming month. If we don't hear back from you within 5 days, we will select a book for you.
- Books will be shipped the second Tuesday of each month. (We can only ship to addresses in the US for now!)
- To subscribe, please complete the form below. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Here are the September selections - click on any book cover for descriptions:
CHAPTER BOOKS & GRAPHIC NOVELS FOR KIDS 8-12+
YA & ADULT READERS